Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 1 of this Month

So today, we are at the end of the first week in 2014. I have an odd and funny feeling when I think about it.
Anyway, I am feeling quite rusty right after I submitted my work. I was not very happy and I had a lot of creative energy built up. It has been awhile since I animate in Maya, so I thought... Let's start from the beginning!

I found a great list of practice from this website: animatorisland.com , feel free to check it out when you have a time! :D Lately, I have been feeling that my main problem are Weight and Spacing and I feel that I have to do more practices to get a good sense of weight. So I decided to do a few of simple test shot of bouncing balls and a brick fall. Here are the tests shot :


The first one : the aim is to quickly get into the weight and the software..



The second one : Next attempt to futher understanding of weight and spacing..



And the Revision...



The third one : Bricks fall test..

The brick test was very interesting. I definitely recommend to try to find a video reference for it on YouTube prior making a test shot. There are a lot of variations on how it lands on the ground, therefore understanding the 'mechanics' of this brick is very important. If you have a feedback for them, please let me know! I'd really appreciate the critiques.. :) Sorry about the low quality o the video too! They're just a quick playblasts ;)
Thank you very much for your time to read my post!

Have a Great Day and Happy Animating!

---

PS: Does anybody know we we could not upload a video to Blogger? or is it just me? D:

No comments:

Post a Comment